Work in 1‒2” (2.5-5 cm) cleanly parted, brushed sections.
- To Straighten: Hold iron horizontally. Clamp hair at the root and slowly pull through to the ends, slightly beveling toward the face to prevent static.
- To Curl: Hold iron vertically. Clamp hair midway through the section, then twist the iron away from your face 180 degrees and pull forward through to the ends.
The slower you pull, the greater the curl. For waves, pull through more quickly.
- Fine/Damaged/Processed Hair: 1–3 lights (250–350°F / 120°C–180°C)
- Medium Hair: 4 lights (400°F/200°C)
- Thick/Coarse Hair: 5 lights (450°F/230°C)